Eclipse Composite (too late for the contest)

Share Your Astro Images Here!
rray6
Solar Nebula

Eclipse Composite (too late for the contest)

Post by rray6 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:51 pm

Composite 2_Annotated_web4.jpg
Composite 2_Annotated_web4.jpg (87.75 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
Doug and All,
It has been along time since I posted at this forum mainly because I haven't done any astro imaging for almost 2 years. I retired from work but got a whole lot busier for some reason. I am now dusting off my equipment in my New Mexico observatory and hope to start producing some work again soon. However, I recently traveled to Madras, Oregon to view and photograph the eclipse. What a spectacular experience even though the skies were murky with smoke from all the fires. And at the same time, my house in Houston was being threatened by a pesky hurricane (we fared well with no flooding). Now back in New Mexico, I just put together this composite and wanted to share it. Basic details: a guided series of exposures with a Canon 5D Mark IV and a 300mm L/4 telephoto and a 1.4x extender (effective 420mm focal length). I stacked 7 bracketed exposures (1/1000 to 1 second) to get the totality image. I used an iOptron Sky Guider to track. This is much reduced in size and annotated to show timing. Focus was a little soft but considering that I did not use a computer and my new 5D Mark IV does not have an articulating LCD screen, it turned out okay. Thanks.

Robert
Sometimes I lie in my bed at night, and look up at the stars...and I wonder...where the hell is my ceiling?

http://www.redshift48.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WO 132, SV 80, 9.25 Edge HD, Obsession 15, 152 Mak-Neut, LS80 Ha, PGR Grasshopper 3, MC Xtreme, STT8300M, Canon 5D Mk IV, Canon 60Da, AP1200GTO , CEM60, SkyGuider

gardenfish
Hypergalaxy

Re: Eclipse Composite (too late for the contest)

Post by gardenfish » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:27 pm

I love it!. Wish I would of driven to totality.
ES127CF FCD100
CEM60EC on PierTech 2 in Roll-off observatory

Takahashi TOA150
CEM60 out side pier

SV70T

QSI6120WSG-8
Astrodon LRGB
3nm Ha-OIII-SII

ST80 - AT60MM Guide scopes
G3 mono - ASI290MM Mini Guide camera's

Nikon D5200 Full Mod

Jimbo
Dielectric Constant

Post by Jimbo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Fantastic!!! This was definitely my number one astronomy experience far and above anything I've seen before. Good work on documenting this amazing event.

Jimmy

Doug
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post by Doug » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Very nice Robert!

We were in Madras too! Totality!!!

I'm glad to hear your home was safe. Lots of people in Houston weren't so lucky.
MyAstroImages.com Photo Album. Sharing Your AstroImages On Line!
More Images.
:darkgrin:
CPC800, 60MM Classic Refractor, EON72, EON120, Atlas EQ-G, SSPro V1, SSAG, IDAS LPS Filter, TRF-2008