FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Center of Rosette Nebula

<<

Ken_nneth

Dielectric Constant

Post Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:43 am

Center of Rosette Nebula

This is my first attempt at the center NGC 2244. After tossing bad sub I ended up with 110x120s Ha, 50x120s OIII and 40x120s SII at unity. I am still working on getting to grips with processing, for this image I used AstroPixelPro for pre-processing and PixInsight for combining and later work. I had to use star mask and “MorphologicalTransformation” to reduce star size, so I had to learned something new on this image also, just hope I didn’t do to much. Tried using a Blended Channels Combination with R/K – Ha, G - 0.4Ha+0.6OIII, B – OIII as color palette for the first time. Wish I could get some more color out but it seems all I get is a very overexposed image. I would really like some feedback on my progress so far.
Kenneth

Celestron Edge HD 8/SkyWatcher Black Diamond ED80
Celestron f7 Reducer​
Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 GT, QHY PoleMaster
Guiding-​ZWO OAG, LodeStar x2
ZWO ASI1600, ZWO filter wheel, Baader L,R,G,B, Ra 36mm​
https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/2nAcp7
SGP,PI
<<

h2opolo

Black Hole

Post Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Re: Center of Rosette Nebula

You're getting there Ken. Your images are getting better and better. I still think you're slightly out of focus though. What is your focusing method? What capture software are you using? Try to utilize a lowest HFR method to get into focus. Don't trust your eyes. I learned that the hard way. Old eyes?

As far as processing goes it's a hard road. If I could offer a method I would recommend using the color mask script in Pixinsigh. Chris Gomez has a great video on YouTube to teach you how to use it. Once he taught me my images just elevated so much.

You're doing great. You probably don't realize how much better you have gotten in a short period of time, but I clearly see it. I sold my ASI 1600 because I just did not want to have to fiddle with all those settings. I like the Sony sensor at 20 minutes. Bang Done!!

Keep it up and let me know if you cannot find that video

Sean
Carbon 127, GSO RC-8, Stellarvue 130 EDT, WO GT71 & Zenith Star 61
Losmandy G11G
NEQ6, ST80, Lodestar X2,
QSI 690 & 683
Astrodon Ha, SII, OII, LRGB
Shoe size 11.5

Website http://www.redstickastro.com
<<

gardenfish

Hypergalaxy

Post Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Re: Center of Rosette Nebula

Great shot. A little off on the color to me but better than I could do using Pixinsight. I still fall back to PS.
Takahashi TSA120
Takahashi TOA150
SV70T
CEM60 - PierTech2 pier
QSI6120 WSG-8
Astrodon 31mm LRGB E Series -Ha-3nm - OIII-3nm - SII-3nm

G3 Mono - ASI290MM Mini - ST80

ES 152 AR - Atlas mount
16" goto Dob

Nikon D5200 Modded

Roll-off roof Observatory

Return to Images