FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

After you join the forums...

<<

Doug

The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:14 am

After you join the forums...

Stop in and say Hi!

We'd love to hear about you and your astrophotography adventures. Post some AP pics or stories. Welcome to MyAstroImages.com!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Doug
MyAstroImages.com Photo Album. Sharing Your AstroImages On Line!
More Images.
:darkgrin:
CPC800, 60MM Classic Refractor, EON72, EON120, Atlas EQ-G, SSPro V1, SSAG, IDAS LPS Filter, TRF-2008
<<

iksobarg

Earth Explorer

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: After you join the forums...

Hi There Doug and Fellow AP peeps!

Thanks Doug for having me here! You hooked me with your astro vids on youtube.

About me: I've loved space stuff forever but AP budded out from many years of snapping pics of people and places.

I don't have a real telescope yet but in the interim decided to be as frugal as possible and use my Pentax K30 and a few lenses that happen to be work well with AP. The LP filter I got still set me back $300 and I'm about to add an iOptron Skytracker and see how satisfying my results are before moving on. For my PP software I'm a bit turned off from pricey PS but may give the latest Corel ($70) or something highly recommended that at least processes 16 bit images that doesn't cost as much as a decent achro. I still think maybe PS CC would be reasonable but am still not certain. All in all I feel good and confident that with some patience and persistence I'll produce some satisfying images and no doubt feel some pain along the way, just as long as I don't drop a lens or knock my rig over!

For the time being I've decided I'll focus on a nice APO 102 F7 and below, which I am aware will set me back some but it's something to work toward while I learn AP on a DLSR + micro mount. I've also considered getting a good book on telescope optics and the light spectrum. This is such a massive subject with the physics and all! I often feel I truly missed my calling as I wish I had a real engineering background. I'm nonetheless happy and glad to hear and share my findings and enlightenment along the way.

Anyway I've joined stargazers, cloudynights, astrobin (same username) so maybe I network or make some good contacts to meet with some day even if its years away, that's ok. I think I am into AP for the long term.

Clear Skies \o/
John
<<

Doug

The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi John!

Welcome and thanks for joining the forums. I know PS can be pricey, but, you can download CS2 for free on Adobe's website. Unless they took it down...You'll need to create an account on Adobe, but, CS2 has most everything you'll need for processing. Search "adobe photoshop cs2 free download" and it will be the first link at the top.

Doug
More Images.
CPC800, 60MM Classic Refractor, EON72, EON120, Atlas EQ-G, SSPro V1, SSAG, IDAS LPS Filter, TRF-2008
<<

MikeM

Magellanic Cloud

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:20 am

Welcome to the site John. Looking forward to seeing you progress, so always feel free to ask anything!
Clear Skies!
Mike

AT8RC -- FSQ-106N
G11
Atik 383L+ - EFW2 - OAG
<<

Dog House Images

Cosmic Ray

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Hello everyone,
A noob here by way of Doug's great YouTube vids. I'm an amateur photographer looking toward adding the heavens as additional subject matter. Currently interested in deep sky AP based on the videos. Looking forward to digging through the archives for equipment recommendations and posting my prospective list for critique. Then not to mention posting pics...
Thank you for having this great space for us to explore!

Doug,
May I request a change to my user name from Doh to Dog? iPad error sorry.

Thank you,
Michie Wong
<<

Doug

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Welcome Michie! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. I look forward to seeing you participate in the forums.

Doh! I mean Dog! :giantsmile:

Doug
More Images.

Return to Introduce Yourself