FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Deep sky imaging with Fire capture

<<

grayson stars

Earth Explorer

Post Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:20 am

Deep sky imaging with Fire capture

I recently acquired a ZWO 1224 color cam. Trying to get some deep sky images since the planets won't be out until late (past my bedtime). I'm using Fire capture and an AT-65. To reach focus I had to use an extension tube. I had M-42 in the scope and it seems overblown. Not sure even what settings to use in Fire Capture. I believe I had gain at 227. I just don't what to expect to see on the screen or if I'm supposed to record an AVI or some other method. This all new territory for me as I normally image with a DSLR. I got the ZWO hoping to get some planetary shots this year. I wanted to practice on deep sky to learn my way around the ZWO and Fire capture.
Any suggestions out there as far as settings and technique? Should I be using a different capture program?
Thanks for any input.
<<

Doug

The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:12 pm

Re: Deep sky imaging with Fire capture

Hi Grayson! Welcome to the forums.

For planetary imaging you can use video capture. After you've captured your video, then the fun starts...processing. Have you seen any of my planetary processing videos? This may help you if you've never processed Planetary data before.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, we're here to help.

Thanks for stopping by the forums.

Doug
MyAstroImages.com Photo Album. Sharing Your AstroImages On Line!
More Images.
:darkgrin:
CPC800, 60MM Classic Refractor, EON72, EON120, Atlas EQ-G, SSPro V1, SSAG, IDAS LPS Filter, TRF-2008

Return to Introduce Yourself