Night to night aligment

Need some suggestions to help improve your image? Post it here and let the opinions fly!
gardenfish
Hypergalaxy

Night to night aligment

Post by gardenfish » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:37 pm

I dont know if anyone has already done this but I came up with a great realignment when you dont plate solve. Last night when I shot the Rosette I did not shut off SGPRO. So today with the last nights pictures still in view I took a piece of 3"x 5" white paper and put it on the screen and traced the crosshairs on the picture.

Then for the rosette I traced little circles around the 10 most prominent stars. As you can see the background picture thru the paper, tonight when I was aligning the rosette I used the crosshairs and put the paper over the screen set up the cross hair lines and then adjusted until the stars were all inside the little circles. Bam! I am shooting exactly the same frame as last night so stacking the 2 nights pictures should be extremely easy.
ES127CF FCD100
CEM60EC on PierTech 2 in Roll-off observatory

Takahashi TOA150
CEM60 out side pier

SV70T

QSI6120WSG-8
Astrodon LRGB
3nm Ha-OIII-SII

ST80 - AT60MM Guide scopes
G3 mono - ASI290MM Mini Guide camera's

Nikon D5200 Full Mod

Doug
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Re: Night to night aligment

Post by Doug » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:14 pm

You can do something similar with software. I use Al's Reticule

http://goo.gl/wNqOgS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyAstroImages.com Photo Album. Sharing Your AstroImages On Line!
More Images.
:darkgrin:
CPC800, 60MM Classic Refractor, EON72, EON120, Atlas EQ-G, SSPro V1, SSAG, IDAS LPS Filter, TRF-2008