FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Single shot of Ribblehead Viaduct at night

<<

Paramount

Red Super Giant

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:45 am

Single shot of Ribblehead Viaduct at night

A few days ago I did a 12 hour day to night to day time lapse at Ribblehead Viaduct in the Yorkshire Dales, in all I took 1,830 images. Below is one of the images which I've processed separately in Lightroom and Photoshop to show some of the clear sky and Milky Way showing through the clouds at the Viaduct. The exposure for this particular image was 20 seconds at f1.4 and ISO 6400 with my Sony A7Sii and Samyang 24mm f1.4
This image was taken at 11:48pm and is image number 772 out of the 1,830 that I took

The full video can be seen at the following link and this image comes just before half way of the actual time lapse clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmFglty2XT8
Attachments
Ribblehead Holy Grail small.jpg
Ribblehead Holy Grail small.jpg (140.31 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Currently using a Tele Vue NP127/FLI (Atlas/Centreline/PL16803) prototype imaging system. Paramount ME. OS Falco guide scope and SX lodestar.
<<

MikeM

Magellanic Cloud

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:08 am

Re: Single shot of Ribblehead Viaduct at night

Very nice image, beautiful countryside.
Clear Skies!
Mike

AT8RC -- FSQ-106N
G11
Atik 383L+ - EFW2 - OAG
<<

h2opolo

Black Hole

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:07 am

Beautiful as always. I love the Milky Way peeking through. Were you just using the Rhino Motion on that shot or did it slide as well?

I've had nothing but terrible weather this year and have not had a chance to use mine. Thi certainly motivates me.

Great job. Sean
Carbon 127, GSO RC-8, Stellarvue 130 EDT, WO GT71 & Zenith Star 61
Losmandy G11G
NEQ6, ST80, Lodestar X2,
QSI 690 & 683
Astrodon Ha, SII, OII, LRGB
Shoe size 11.5

Website http://www.redstickastro.com
<<

Paramount

Red Super Giant

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:40 am

Hi Sean
I've sold my Rhino and am now using a Dynamic Perception Stage One slider with Sapphire Pro pan and tilt head and a Timelapse+ view intervalometer. Nothing wrong with the Rhino but I wanted to do some "Holy Grail" time lapse and also have tilt as well as slide and pan. This new system does all of those and is integrated together to work as one seamless package. Check my earlier post that I posted a few days ago which shows a full day to night and back to day time lapse
Best wishes
Gordon
Currently using a Tele Vue NP127/FLI (Atlas/Centreline/PL16803) prototype imaging system. Paramount ME. OS Falco guide scope and SX lodestar.
<<

Europa

Solar Nebula

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:44 am

Great image and time lapse.
<<

gardenfish

Hypergalaxy

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Wow what an image for a back-lit frame. Awesome!
Takahashi TSA120
Takahashi TOA150
SV70T
CEM60 - PierTech2 pier
QSI6120 WSG-8
Astrodon 31mm LRGB E Series -Ha-3nm - OIII-3nm - SII-3nm

G3 Mono - ASI290MM Mini - ST80

ES 152 AR - Atlas mount
16" goto Dob

Nikon D5200 Modded

Roll-off roof Observatory
<<

h2opolo

Black Hole

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Paramount wrote:Hi Sean
I've sold my Rhino and am now using a Dynamic Perception Stage One slider with Sapphire Pro pan and tilt head and a Timelapse+ view intervalometer. Nothing wrong with the Rhino but I wanted to do some "Holy Grail" time lapse and also have tilt as well as slide and pan. This new system does all of those and is integrated together to work as one seamless package. Check my earlier post that I posted a few days ago which shows a full day to night and back to day time lapse
Best wishes
Gordon

Man I just got up and running on my Rhino! Bummer. You're costing me money! Ha ha ha
Losmandy G11G
NEQ6, ST80, Lodestar X2,
QSI 690 & 683
Shoe size 11.5

<<

Paramount

Red Super Giant

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:01 am

h2opolo wrote:
Paramount wrote:Hi Sean
Best wishes
Gordon

Man I just got up and running on my Rhino! Bummer. You're costing me money! Ha ha ha

There's nothing wrong with the Rhino Sean, it still remains one of the lightest and most portable all in one solutions for time lapse. I changed because I wanted to go the next step ie have tilt, do verticle/slanted slides and holy grail time lapses. The current system I'm using can do all of but at the expense of being a bit heavier and larger, it's also more hungry on batteries than the Rhino
Best wishes
Gordon
<<

h2opolo

Black Hole

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:58 am

I bow my head to the master! Great work! I'm doing a swamp timelapse this weekend for my Rhino Maiden Voyage. Wish me luck!

Thank God the boat started

Hey if you feel like it I would love for my guys at my site to see your work too. Sign up for a login which I'll make happen immediately at www.redstickastro.com

Peace Sean
Losmandy G11G
NEQ6, ST80, Lodestar X2,
QSI 690 & 683
Shoe size 11.5

Return to Images