FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Global Moderators

<<

Craig

SuperNova

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:14 am

Global Moderators

Where have all the global moderators gone ? Have you given up ? Jan. 18 and still no January photo contest. Surely one of you cares enough about this site to keep it up or is all of Doug's work in vain ?
Craig

Meade 115mm ED Triplet, Orion Atlas EQ-G, Orion ST80, SSAG, Nikon D5200, BackyardNIKON
<<

MikeM

Magellanic Cloud

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:12 pm

Re: Global Moderators

Hi Craig, we are still here. I haven't posted up a January photo contest because it appeared that over the last couple of months there were maybe one or two participants. Possibly people were just too busy during the past season, or some don't care anymore.
As for Doug's work, while I applaud him for everything he's done to get this site to where it is, there are a lot of things that have fallen by the way side that only Doug can correct. Case in point, if you have noticed, there has not been a new member for over a year. I suspect that there is something wrong in the joining process, and prospective members can't access the site.
I have contacted Doug numerous times over the past year telling him that we need his assistance on getting the site back up and running to its full potential, and while he responded that he would be back, alas he has not returned as of yet.
I will post up a January contest to see if anyone would like to post an image.
I appreciate your and others concerns. Maybe if enough of us send messages to Doug we can urge him to return.
Clear Skies!
Mike

AT8RC -- FSQ-106N
G11
Atik 383L+ - EFW2 - OAG
<<

Craig

SuperNova

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 am

Thanks Mike i have also sent Doug a message, but through this site so not sure if he will get it. No one will enter monthly imaging contests if there not posted

Thanks again
Craig
Craig

Meade 115mm ED Triplet, Orion Atlas EQ-G, Orion ST80, SSAG, Nikon D5200, BackyardNIKON
<<

h2opolo

Giant Molecular Cloud (GMC)

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 am

I'm still here. I've started a website with a forum page and let me tell you it's a lot of work. Doug has been really busy with family and home repairs and I know he is wanting to get back to the site. Hang in there it will get better. In the mean time you're welcome to come visit me at www.redstickastro.com

I'll never leave this site. It and the people here taught me all that I know and I owe a debt of gratitude.

Sean
Carbon 127, GSO RC-8, Stellarvue 130 EDT, WO GT71 & Zenith Star 61
Losmandy G11G
NEQ6, ST80, Lodestar X2,
QSI 690 & 683
Astrodon Ha, SII, OII, LRGB
Shoe size 11.5

Website http://www.redstickastro.com
<<

gardenfish

Hypergalaxy

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:53 am

I still check everyday. I have had trouble setting up a thread for the Photo of the month. I finally just gave up trying. Mike seems to be able to get it up so thats good. I have a couple clear nights due so I hope to get the New CEM60EC calibrated tonight and get some subs taken.

Rick

It took me 3 logins tries just to post this reply!!!
Takahashi TSA120
Takahashi TOA150
SV70T
CEM60 - PierTech2 pier
QSI6120 WSG-8
Astrodon 31mm LRGB E Series -Ha-3nm - OIII-3nm - SII-3nm

G3 Mono - ASI290MM Mini - ST80

ES 152 AR - Atlas mount
16" goto Dob

Nikon D5200 Modded

Roll-off roof Observatory
<<

Europa

Solar Nebula

Post Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:05 pm

I’m still here, just terrible skies for months. I do miss Doug’s videos!!! Hope all is well with him and hope he does return.

Return to Off Topic